Bee's Beats


Monday, November 12, 2007

What a weekend!

So...it all started on a seemingly normal Friday morning as I'm calling a doctor's office to let them know that I was only able to fill half of a patient's narcotic prescription. As I'm saying his name, the nurse groans "Oh no...." and I immediately knew.
"Seriously?," I asked.
"Yup, he's been forging fake scripts for awhile now."
"Shit."
The rest of the day was filled with collecting evidence, working with Target security, and filing reports with the Mesa Police and the AZ State Board of Pharmacy....in addition to the usual daily duties. Towards the end of the day, I realized that I had promised him the rest of the prescription on Monday, when we received our next order. It was all anxiety and paranoia after that....when was he going to return? would we have the police ready? will he come back to track me down in the future? It was all quite anticlimactic (and I was a little disappointed), as I think the suspect figured that I found out his little trick and never came back for the 2nd half of his prescription.

Sat: dinner @ Maggiano's. I LOVE that place! We got the "family" dinner, which is pretty much all-you-can-eat for 6-7 salads/appetizers/entrees/desserts that you choose. Yummy, but also not the greatest idea because I ate so much that I felt full until Sunday afternoon. My faves: the baked ziti and their tiramisu. :)

Sunday was a whole new experice for me - NASCAR! Cristy "man-friend" and I volunteered to counsel people on smoking cessation at a NASCAR event for Nicorette and Target. All I have to say is that I've never seen so many people with bad teeth before! We were trying to convince a bunch of smokers to quit (and giving out free samples of gum/lozenges/patches) while there were racecars, beer, and smokers everywhere! (Not the most effective environment for this sort of activity, but I guess we were "reaching out" to them). Seriously, there were people smoking as they were walking up to our booth. In fact, one visitor almost convinced Cristy to try smoking! :p After a few hours of screaming instructions on how to use nicotine gum over the sound of racecars, we got free tickets to watch the race. One piece of advice if you ever go to a NASCAR event: bring earplugs! After sitting between a bunch of drunk, obese individuals and watching cars go around a racetrack, C and I decided to peace out - deaf, mute, and sweaty.

No comments: