Bee's Beats


Monday, November 05, 2007

...followed by even more randomness....

What a fun weekend!

So, Friday night, I was on my way to pick my friend, Sushma, up from the airport (she was flying in for Caitlin and Marvin's wedding). I turned on the radio and heard them say, "we're still taking your votes for the song "Apologize" by One Republic....give us a call if you like it." I usually don't call radio stations, but I really love this song, so I though, what the heck, I'll call them! So I do, and someone picks up and says "Congratulations! You're caller #25!" I was thinking, 'what the hell did I just win???,' but didn't want to sound like an idiot on the phone (and i was afraid they might air it too!), so I went along with him....apparently I won some tickets to a show or some band playing the Wed before Thanksgiving...some marketing person is supposed to be calling me this week so I guess I'll find out more then! Too bad it wasn't cash.

Later that night, Sush and I met up with one of her highschool friends at Casey Moore's in Tempe. Casey Moore's is a great place to catch up with friends...and people-watch...it's just such a laid-back and fun atmosphere - I love it! Anyway, en route to the ladies' room, I see a familiar face...it's Matt Wohltman! Crap, I don't know how to spell his last name, but you people get the point. Sush and I later joined my sister @ Devil's Martini, which was decently fun cuz we love to dance, but quite uneventful (meaning we didn't know anyone there), which is unusual for a night @ Devil's. Also quite shockingly, Devil's was pretty lame that night...it has never been lame before...so sad. :(

On Sat, we attended Caitlin and Marvin's wedding @ "the Secret Garden" (yeah, they weren't too excited about that name). The wedding was beautiful and elegant, and it was fun to see a bunch of our pharmacy friends there. Post wedding and reception, Sush and I headed to a Halloween house party of some guy I met online....yes, you read that right, online. We had fun...his house was great and he seemed like a cool guy. Anyway, while chillin' in the kitchen with Pirate Man Stan, a couple of his friends, and a douche-bag (literally, she was wearing a garbage bag with douche products taped to it...), I saw this cute, red-head, All-American boy in the corner of my eye. He was friends with the "Dick-in-a-box" guys, who were also chatting with us. Suddenly, cute guy turns to me and says, "Did you go to Corona High?" I stared at him for a few seconds, suddenly recognized him, and replied, "Ohmygod...no, but I went to Kyrene de la Mariposa for elementary school!...You're name is Tyler, isn't it???" I had recognized AND remembered the name of this guy from 2nd grade!!! We weren't even friends back then - he was just some guy in my class! Craziness! Anyway, we enjoyed catching up for the rest of the evening.

Well...that was my crazy weekend. :)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Ha ha! I had no idea that you were making comments on my blog. It's nice to know that somebody reads them. I'm going to save your blog now that I know you actually have one! BTW, what concert did you win tickets to?